Paid Internships at SWP
Paid Internships at SWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. SWP is particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology, or journalism).
SWP accepts students at the following stages:
- Students already studying for a master’s degree
- Holders of bachelor’s degrees who can demonstrate they are applying for a place on a master’s degree course and who expect to be regular master’s students at the time proposed for the internship.
- Holders of bachelor’s/master’s degrees who are enrolled on an additional bachelor’s or master’s degree course.
The work undertaken by interns includes:
- Assisting with all tasks within the research division, especially research projects, and producing documentation and background reports for research division members,
- Preparing reports of conferences and meetings,
- Literature research,
- Editing academic texts, researching and evaluating materials, helping to prepare meetings and conferences,
- General administrative tasks.
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Good end-user IT skills (Word, Excel, web browsers),
- Your own ideas about what you wish to achieve during the internship,
- Interest in policy consultation and communication,
- Commitment, ambition, teamwork and social skills.
Interns at SWP receive €300 per month. Exceptions are only possible where the internship is already funded by another public or private organisation.
Deadline: 30th June 2017