Deadline: September 28, 2017
Calling all Future Leaders! Schwarzman Scholars is now accepting application from across the world for the third cohort of young leaders to participate in the Schwarzman Scholars Program. The highly selective, fully-funded scholarship program is designed to ensure that the next generation of business, political, and civil society leaders can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world. Every year, up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars will represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential.
Anchored in an 11-month professional Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s prestigious Tsinghua University, the Schwarzman Scholars experience encompasses unparalleled opportunities inside and outside the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China. Scholars will learn about the emergence of China as an economic and political force from world‐class faculty from leading institutions and guest speakers at the state‐of‐the‐art Schwarzman College. The dynamic core curriculum offers the choice of concentrations in public policy, international studies, or business and economics.
Schwarzman Scholars is fully-funded for all participants, including travel costs and a modest personal stipend.
The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone
- Health insurance
- A personal stipend of $3,500
With a $450 million endowment, Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
- Open to undergraduates, graduates, and young professionals of any citizenship
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2018
- All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English.
- A Schwarzman Scholar should demonstrate extraordinary leadership potential, the ability to anticipate paradigm changes, strong intellectual capacity, and exemplary character.
- Eligible applicants from any field are invited to apply.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
Interested candidates will participate in a rigorous and thorough selection process, designed to identify the most promising young leaders from around the world. The process includes:
- an online application, including the requested personal statement(s) and supplementary components here.
- In-person regional interviews. More than 300 finalists will be invited to an in-person interview in Singapore (October 27th), London (November 1st), or New York (November 6th & 7th) and will be notified of their acceptance in mid-November 2017.
Those selected will have demonstrated their potential to not only benefit from but also contribute to the Schwarzman Scholars program.
For more information, visit Schwarzman Scholars Program.