This competition aims to inspire young people to take part in solving our most pressing global problems (such as the depletion of natural resources and climate change) by developing business ideas based on a circular economy.
A circular economy is a great alternative to a traditional linear economy, as it maximizes the use of materials and retains resources, so that they are kept in use for as long as possible, then regenerated, and recovered. This leads to new opportunities for growth and the reduction of waste which subsequently benefits the environment and the economy. Rather than offering just products, the business models in a circular economy are based on services and intelligence-based digital solutions. For instance, a company can sell safe driving mileage instead of tires or appropriate lighting solutions instead of lightbulbs.
- A 10-day experience full of constructive activities, including a sea office, an intensive hands-on workshop on Marketing & Communications, and meetings with experienced professionals from Sitra and beyond.
- Participation in the Tall Ships Races Cruise-in-Company from Kotka to Turku.
Please note that travel costs for international applicants are not covered.
- The applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the day of the application deadline.
- Individual applications are accepted, but team applications are preferred.
- The idea should have startup elements like a repeatable and scalable business model. It can be a social business, but we do not review for NGO or non-profit venture ideas.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.