Deadline: September 29, 2017
Entries are now being accepted for the St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2018. The primary objective of the Prize is to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world. These solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
Recognizing significant contributions to environmental conservation, since its launch in 1998 the Prize has attracted 5,200 entries from around the world and donated $1.67 million to environmental initiatives on a wide range of diverse topics including biodiversity, sustainable development, urban re-generation, recycling, health, water and waste issues, renewable energy and community development.
The Prize for the Environment is a joint environmental initiative by the University of St Andrews in Scotland, which attracts scholars of international repute and carries out world-class teaching and research, and independent exploration and production company Conoco Phillips.
- The winning environmental project receives funding of $100,000 USD and each of the two runners-up receive $25,000 USD.
- Applications are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups;
- Eligible projects must
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment;
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea;
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size;
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims;
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field;
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
- Submit your entries here.
- Applications to the St Andrews Prize for the Environment must be written in clear grammatical English. All required sections of the form must be completed and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Evidence of the success of the project, both in terms of innovation and tangible outcomes, must be provided.
- The winner will be announced April 2018.
For more information, visit St Andrews Prize for the Environment.