Deadline: October 15, 2017
The Youngstars Foundation invites entries for the Expression Debates Challenge in commemoration of the International Anti Corruption Day 2017. The Expression Debates Challenge is designed to be an annual platform that leverages the culture of debates to stimulate and raise youth voices and participation in contemporary national issues. It is aimed at raising youth awareness, voice and action against corruption in Nigeria.
The 2017 edition will provide a robust platform for youth to raise their voices and increase involvement in the fight against corruption in Nigeria. It will allow 36 student teams of 2 persons per team from different Nigeria tertiary institutions to emerge from 2 regional auditions to compete at the grand finale in Abuja. At the grand finale, winners shall emerge in the following categories, 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions. The winning teams shall also be required to implement a campus based anti-corruption campaign as brand ambassadors of the project.
Are you a passionate debater? Do you have what it takes to win The Expression Debates Challenge 2017? Participate and Win!
- 1st prize: 500,000
- 2nd prize: 300,000
- 3rd prize: 200,000
The grand finale shall be shown on BEN TV London to global viewers!
Payment Terms and Condition
- The 3 winning teams shall be required to conduct a post champions activity to promote the message of Anticorruption within 90 days of winning (March 9, 2018).
- The 3 winning team shall get 50% of their prize money immediately.
- The balance of the prize money shall be given to the teams after completing their post championship activity in March 2018.
- Teams of 2 Undergraduates in any accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Age 16 – 27years old.
- The 3 finalist teams shall be required to develop and implement a pet project of their choice to promote anti-corruption in the education sector or larger society as Champions and ambassadors of the project.
- Youngstars Foundation shall provide technical support and linkages to support their project where necessary.
How to Participate
Step 1: Register
- Form a debating team of 2 persons (both of you must be undergraduates in a tertiary institution in Nigeria), you can be from the same school or different school, as long as you consider yourselves a strong debating team.
- Please give your team a name for easy tagging during the screening by our assessors.
Step 2: Record and submit a 3-5 minutes video showing you debating on any topic of your choice.
- Clearly say your debate topic, your names, school and location in the video.
Step 3: Upload your video on your YouTube link and share the link with us for selection.
- Record a 3-5 minutes video debate between the 2 of you on a topic of your choice.
- 1 person will speak in support of the topic for some minutes, while the other will speak against the topic also for a minute.
- Please make sure the topic you are debating about is very clear, otherwise your application may be invalid.
- Also state your names clearly, school and matric number in the 3-5 minutes video.
- For easy reference, name your video using this order, Name of Team, Names of 2 members (first and last names), Topic of Debate, EXD 2017.
- Upload your video on your YouTube link and share the link with us to download alongside other document.
Step 4: Complete an online form and submit with the following document
- Passport photograph
- Valid School Identity Card
- Curriculum Vitae
- YouTube link of 3-5 minutes video of your team
Please note that if applications exceed our expected number before the deadline, Youngstars Foundation reserves the right to close the application portal. So please submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Submission opens on Thursday 21st September, 2017 and closes midnight 15th October 2017.
- Audition: Lagos and Abuja, November 2017.
- Grand Finale: Abuja, December 9th, 2017.
- Successful applicants who qualify for audition shall be announced on our website on 31st October 2017.
Got questions? Call 0703-5535-876 for more details.
For more information, visit Expression Debates Challenge.