UNESCO Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education
The 6th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Designing a Relevant and Innovative Entrepreneurship Education: Towards Mutual Recognition of Qualifications in ASEAN, East and South Asia, to be held in Manila, the Philippines on 23-25 October 2017, provides an opportunity to explore how higher education institutions can work together to enhance entrepreneurship education in the Asia-Pacific region. While past meetings had also addressed the similar issues, the organisers of the 6th meeting intend to make this an “Action Year” with clear outcomes and action plans.
The UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education in Bangkok, Thailand, established the UNESCO Entrepreneurship Education Network (EE-Net) in 2012 to enhance entrepreneurship education in the Asia-Pacific region. With an interest in a broad range of issues including an ecosystem to support entrepreneurship education, sustainable businesses and job generation through entrepreneurship, the EE-Net aims to create change in the education landscape to contribute to a vibrant and prosperous region.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Define a model of an “Entrepreneurship Program and Curriculum” within the domain of a Mutually Recognised Qualification/Agreement” (MRQ/A) for ASEAN, East and South Asia to achieve the SDG 4-Education Agenda 2030;
- Develop specific, achievable and realistic factors and action plans as important foundation input to the MRQ/A for ASEAN, East and South Asia;
- Establish a network or consortium for sharing, exchange and collaboration of ideas and expertise to support theMutual Recognition of Qualifications and Standards for ASEAN, East, and South Asia at the tertiary education level.
- Policy makers, educators, entrepreneurs, professionals, and youth representatives, experts as resource persons from the Asia-Pacific region are eligible to attend the meeting;
- The participants will be selected based on their commitment and contribution to the 6th UNESCO-APEID meeting’s common vision and long-term goals.
- The organisers in the Philippines will cover local costs – 4 nights’ accommodation checking in on October 22 and checking out on October 26, 2017) and meals during the meeting;
- All participants have to cover their own travel costs and miscellaneous expenses.
Deadline: 18th August 2017