UNHCR – Admin Finance Internship 2017 in USA
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency’s Washington Regional Office for the United States of America and the Caribbean seeks interns for its Admin/Finance Unit. The role provides clerical assistance to the Admin/Finance Unit under the overall supervisor of the Head of the Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the admin/finance domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, he/she will receive regular guidance from other colleagues within the unit, which also deals with programe and IT. As per specific instructions, the incumbent many require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
- Analytical and drafting skills;
- Good oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of UNHCR’s Mandate;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team;
- Good time management skills;
- Good level of computer proficiency. Familiarity with electronic databases preferred and proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish, French or Arabic preferred.
- The selected intern will be based within the Private Sector Finance team in Washington DC, USA and will work under the supervision of the Associate Admin Finance Officer.
- Interns will participate in a range of activities within the Admin/Finance Unit, and will become familiar with the daily task of Admin/Finance and Programme related matters in a large humanitarian organization.