Deadline: June 23, 2017
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration. The RLC SA will develop the young African leaders in Business and Entrepreneurship Development; Civic Leadership; and Public Management and Governance through a hybrid of innovative and complimentary approaches that include contact sessions; online mentoring; online self-paced tuition; industry placements and experiential learning.
Objectives of the YALI RLC SA
- To provide the platform and tools to empower dynamic young Africans
- To awaken their innate leadership potential for the benefit of Africa and its global partners.
- There is no fee to apply for or attend the program. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
The program is open to young African leaders aged 18 – 35 years old depending on their level of experience and track record in their chosen sector.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35);
- English language proficiency;
- Portuguese speaking participants will be accommodated in the Mozambique Hub at UEM;
- A commitment to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership;
- Commitment to serve the development agenda of the African continent;
- Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the programme: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applications for Cohort 10 & 11 are open until June 23, 2017 (23:59, South Africa Time Zone). The program is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions, Cohort 10 from September 25 – 20 October, 2017 and Cohort 11 from November 6 – December 1, 2017. Following the residential program, there is an online project component for three weeks.
For more infomration, visit YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Fellowship.