Deadline: July 21, 2017
The Young Health Programme (YHP) is collaborating with One Young World to offer ten scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia. YHP seeks to address the growing burden of non-communicable disease (NCDs) – conditions like type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart and respiratory disease. They do it with a unique focus on youth and primary prevention.
Through YHP, they aim to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. YHP is proud to provide charitable support to One Young World to engage more youth in our efforts to address the issue of adolescent health and disease prevention.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá (economy flights).
- Hotel accommodation in Bogotá 3 – 7 October (inclusive).
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on the 3 – 7 October (inclusive).
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- Aged 18 – 30
- An evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and health promotion and/or social determinants of health.
- A leadership ability in their chosen cause or issue
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
Complete the online application by July 21, 2017
For more information, visit Young Health Programme Scholarship.