Deadline: July 6, 2017
Send applications or nominations for the Zayed Future Energy Prize 2018. The prize represents the vision of the Late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, who championed environmental stewardship. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability. Applicants are invited to be a part of this vision and commitment to finding solutions that will meet the challenges of climate change, energy security and the environment.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize is awarded to organisations, individuals and high schools who have demonstrated these four key criteria: Impact, Innovation, Leadership and Long Term Vision. Each criteria will vary according to its relevance to its category.
The catergories for the prize are:
The total Prize fund is US $4 million, distributed as such:
- Large Corporation – Recognition Award (No monetary value);
- Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) – US$ 1.5 million;
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO/NGO) – US$ 1.5 million;
- Lifetime Achievement Award (For an Individual) – US$ 500,000;
- Global High Schools – US$ 500,000 – Total value, divided amongst 5 Global High Schools in 5 different geographic regions, awarding each up to US$ 100,000:
- The Americas
The eligibility vary according to categories:
- Large Corporation: Open to large corporations that have made a significant contribution to renewable energy and sustainability. A strong candidate in this category will have a clear vision for the long-term future of energy and a coherent, financially and ecologically sustainable strategy for its own role in bringing about this future.
- Small & Medium Enterprise: Open to small and medium-sized enterprises. As an applicant, you should be an SME that has successfully introduced an innovative and distinctive solution to the renewable energy and sustainability industry. You have a clear plan for furthering that technology or solution. Maybe your business is in its early days, but we want to see that it is viable and supported by a clear vision for both the short and long-term future.
- Non-Profit Organization: Any non-profit organisation, NGO, industry association, research organisation, or international body may apply, provided that its operations have a direct impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industries.
- Lifetime Achievement: Open to an individual with an outstanding record of achievement in the renewable energy and sustainability sectors. Note that deceased people are ineligible for the prize, as are all currently serving politicians and past heads of state.
- Global High Schools: For high schools around the world
- Candidates can either apply for the SME, NPO/NGO or Global High Schools category, or nominate a candidate for the Large Corporation or Lifetime Achievement Award;
- For Submissions, fill to register as a candidate and proceed to log-in in order to begin filling out the application form. For your convenience, you will be able to save and return to your submission at anytime;
- For Nominations, please note that you will not have to register. Nominating a candidate for the Large Corporation or Lifetime Achievement Award will require that you simply fill out the nomination form. Please note that you cannot save your nomination form.
There are no fees associated with completing an entry for nominations or submissions. Please also note that nominations and submissions will only be accepted in English.
For more information, visit Zayed Fture Energy Prize.