The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Private Partnership Division based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be full-time for a duration of 8 months starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Private Partnerships Division’s Individual Fundraising team in digital fundraising, with the following key duties:
- Build email appeals and newsletters using HTML/CSS and propose new ideas to improve current email templates;
- Test emails to ensure both the content and the layout are accurate before the launch date;
- Create and edit web content (creating online donation forms, editing graphics, etc.);
- Participate in quality assurance testing on functionality and user experience design of online donation forms, web pages, and all new online features in coordination with Web team;
- Support with tracking and reporting on online fundraising campaigns as needed;
- Other responsibilities to be determined based on interest and experience.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The amount for Rome is around $860.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
- WFP implements its commitment to gender equality during any recruitment process and advocates for women’s empowerment to achieve a world with Zero-Hunger.
They therefore strongly encourage women, especially coming from developing countries to apply.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ from a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications; International Relations, Graphic Design, Web Design or other related fields;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or Canva
- Experience with HTML and UX design a plus
- Have passion and enthusiasm for WFP’s mission of building a world with Zero hunger
Eligible Regions: Open For All