Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. They seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. Their asset management businesses, with over $360 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
As an Associate at the Private Equity Team at Blackstone, you would be expected to:
- Analyze financial data and developments in financial markets important to the business at Blackstone, with a key focus on Asia and especially Korea markets.
- Act as point person for Korea transactions in addition to regional Asia transactions: work with senior management and coordinate analyst responsibilities.
- Conduct research of targeted industries for investment purposes with a primary focus on Korea.
- Perform valuation analyses of prospective investment opportunities under consideration, including the assessment of financial risks.
- Compare a company’s financial data with other companies of the same industry, size and location to forecast industry trends.
- Design and develop quantitative models to assess the economic performance of targeted companies in Korea and Asia markets.
- Prepare written analyses and evaluations of investment opportunities for use by Blackstone management and review by clients.
- Oversee the execution of transactions.
- Participate in both internal and external client meetings, negotiation of contracts and other agreements, and due diligence sessions.
- Oversee current portfolio companies and analyze potential exit opportunities.
Associate salaries at The Blackstone Group may range from $92,000-$228,268 per year.
To be considered for the 2018 Associate Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Post MBA or anticipated graduation date: Spring / Summer 2018
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year
- Resume must be in PDF format
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- Fluent/ Native English and Korean, with both writing and reading abilities
- Extensive exposure to Private Equity/ M&A transactions/ Origination Experience: Korea market experience preferred
- Experience with analysis and execution of all deal types within PE arena
- Demonstrated track record within PE
- Able to mentor Analysts
- Ability to liaise with clients at all levels and managing existing relationships
- Team players who are comfortable working in a smaller office environment
- Flexible, ability to work independently and takes initiative
- High level of professionalism and integrity
Eligible Regions: Open for All