The Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program (VPP) is a capacity-enhancing and network-building initiative of the Landesa Center for Women’s Land Rights. The program seeks to cultivate a network of qualified practitioners from around the world who are strongly committed to strengthening women’s land rights at local, national, regional, and global levels. The goals of the program are to: enhance participants’ capacity; reinforce their commitment to strengthening women’s land rights; and foster their ability and motivation to participate in a global women’s land rights network.
The program begins with a five week period of intense training, mentoring, and sharing with gender and land tenure specialists at Landesa’s global headquarters in Seattle, USA. The program will be held from April 1 – May 5, 2018. Participants will join Visiting Professionals Program alumni, including women’s land rights practitioners from the public sector, civil society, and academia.
The program covers the cost of tuition, obtaining a US visa, roundtrip flights, airport transfers in the US, lodging, and public transportation and provides a modest stipend for food and other living expenses.
- All applicants must be currently based and working in India, China, Myanmar, Liberia, or Tanzania due to current funding guidelines;
- Open to professionals currently working in-country for national or international organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, government agencies, etc;
- Practitioners, policy advocates, community organizers, educators, and other development professionals strongly committed to strengthening women’s land rights;
- Professionals with at least five years’ development experience, with two of those years focused on issues related to land tenure or women’s rights;
- Professionals with advanced English proficiency skills (speaking, reading, and writing).
Eligible Regions: India, China, Myanmar, Liberia, or Tanzania.
The following documents are required for application:
- Completed application form;
- Letter of interest summarizing your qualifications for the Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program
- CV or resume;
- One writing sample (five-pages maximum) that demonstrates your approach to and involvement in development work and/or women’s land rights
Please email these materials as attachments to [email protected]/* */
Application Deadline: August 20, 2017 (6 Days Remaining)