The Youth Volunteering Innovation Challenge (YVIC), under the theme “Impact ASEAN,” supports young volunteers throughout the ASEAN region in their journey to catalyze youth-led innovation for social impact and sustainable development by providing access to mentors and capital they need to start or scale up their projects.
- Localization of the SDGs
- Sustainable behavior
- Developing skills for life and work
How to Apply
- All proposals for the Regional YVIC should be submitted through online application.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Supplementary documents can be made in the format of photos, videos and any other creative media and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will contribute only to the Presentation category of the scoring process.
- A team of 2-3 people.
- All team members should be aged 18-30.
- All team members must be currently residing in their own home country listed below: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore.
- Projects should demonstrate collaborative approaches of working with various partners from government, grassroots organizations, communities, networks.
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to work with their mentor right after the workshop
- If selected, the winning teams must be able to start implementing their project right after the workshop.
Start Up stage (National Workshops)
- Up to 3 winning teams from each country will be awarded with Start Up Micro-Grants and provided with mentorship for the duration of 1 month after the workshop to prototype their ideas.
- At the end of the mentorship period, the most qualified team out of the 3 teams is selected to attend and pitch their Impact Projects at the Regional Workshop.
Scale Up stage (Regional Workshop)
- The 3 winning teams from the National Workshops alongside 7 selected teams from ASEAN countries will be invited to compete in a Regional Workshop.
- 3 winners will win a Scale Up Grant worth up to 10,000 USD and mentorship on growth and expansion for the following 3 months.
Deadline:1st May 2017