Deadline: August 31, 2017 (for first round)
Applications are open for international candidates who wish to undertake full time study in a Masters or Doctorate Degree by Research. Adelaide Scholarships International are available in the three scholarship rounds to outstanding international applicants from any country who have a First Class Honours result or equivalent, to support their study towards a Higher Degree by Research.
Awards are available in all Discipline areas. Funding opportunities are limited and therefore extremely competitive.
The ASI provides:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance ($26,288 in 2016) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Note.The scholarship does NOT cover student visa application fees.
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
Generally applicants who succeed in winning an ASI scholarship have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
- Round 1
- Last Day to Apply: 31 August 2017
- Last Day to Enrol**: 30 June 2018
- Round 2
- Last Day to Apply: 31 January 2018
- Last Day to Enrol**: 31 August 2018 (Successful scholarship applicants in round 2 will be required to commence studies by 31 August 2018; however if the applicant only holds an offer for admission for the semester 1 intake s/he will be required to commence studies by 30 June 2018).
- Round 3
- Last Day to Apply: 30 April 2018
- Last Day to Enrol**: 30 November 2018
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via their online application system. There is no application fee.
Note. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a scholarship until a formal application is submitted and assessed. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
For more information, visit Adelaide Scholarships International.