Deadline: August 31, 2017
Are you a young African with a passion for youth participation in the transformation of agribusiness in Africa? Here is your chance to win sponsorship from the African Agribusiness Incubators Network (AAIN) and partners to represent the youth from your country at the 2017 edition of the “Africa Youth in Agribusiness Day” during the forthcoming Africa Agribusiness Incubation Conference and Expo that will run from November 8 – 10, 2017 in Dakar, Senegal.
- Apart from attending the Agribusiness Incubation Conference and Expo, the top 20 winners also stand a chance to earn a fully-sponsored trip to selected incubators in Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Open to young Africans between the ages of 18 – 35;
- Applicants must show passion and interest for youth participation in the transformationn of agribusiness in Africa.
How to Participate
- Get acquainted with the history of the “Africa Youth in Agribusiness Day” and the “Africa Agribusiness Incubation Conference and Expo”. Do your homework on global business incubation, opportunities in ICT integration in agribusiness, AAIN core investment areas, the 2017 theme of the African Union, the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) and Agenda 2063.
- With reference to the above, structure your own essay (maximum 1000 words) with the title “Youth in Africa, the time is now. We can take agribusiness development and job creation to the next level.”
- Submit your essay by email with subject line “2nd Africa Youth in Agribusiness Day Challenge” to [email protected] before September 1, 2017.
How to earn extra points
Take a photo of African youth engaging in an agribusiness activity, upload it to twitter with the promotional flyer (downloadable from tweet pinned to the AAIN twitter page or website www.africaain.org) and put hashtag #AfricaYouthinAg2 and tag the official AAIN twitter page @AAINOnline. The more likes you get the better.
Reply to the latest upload on their official Facebook page with the photo of African youth engaging in an agribusiness activity and put hashtag #AfricaYouthinAg2, type your first name and country. The more likes you get, the better.
For more information, visit Africa Youth in Agribusiness Day Challenge.