Deadline: September 27, 2017
Journalists are invited to submit their work to take part in the 10th edition of the Anna Lindh Mediterranean Journalist Awards. This leading regional Award aims at rewarding exceptional journalistic productions, contributing to a better understanding of the diversity of cultures in the Euro-Mediterranean region as well as promoting the positive role played by journalists in providing balanced and informed coverage on cultural issues in the region.
The 2017 edition represents a landmark event, marking the 10th edition of the Awards programme since its creation in 2005 by the Foundation and International Federation of Journalists, with a major alumni forum planned to connect leading journalists from across the Middle East, North Africa and Europe. Submitted work should tackle intercultural issues between and within Euro-Mediterranean societies, ranging from diversity, tolerance, freedom of expression, fighting xenophobia, extremism and terrorism.
- Press Category: All articles published in printed newspapers/magazines/periodicals. Articles must be written in a journalistic style. Academic papers will not be accepted. The article must not exceed 20,000 characters.
- Online Category: Written materials published via the Internet, particularly material created by journalists. Blogs, social media platforms and other emerging forms of online communication are acknowledged as part of the online media landscape and online journalism to the extent that the content is produced in a journalistic style.
- Radio and Television: TV Entries which can include interviews, reportage, documentaries, panel discussions, news stories or reports published on the radio and/or TV. Entries duration must not exceed 1 hour.
- Photography Category: Photographs published online and/or printed media by for professional or non-professional photographers.
- The 10th edition of the Anna Lindh Mediterranean Journalist Award will award up to four winners, including individual cash prizes of 2500 Euros;
- Special attention will be given to works focusing on the theme “Intercultural Cities and Migration”, as announced on the occasion of the Anna Lindh Foundation MED FORUM.
- Open to Journalists and photographers of written press, television, radio and online media;
- Applicants must be citizens of the 42 countries of the Union for the Mediterranean, in addition to Libya and Syria;
- Priority will be given to young journalists at an early stage of the professional career development;
- Works could have been published between January 1, 2017 and September 27, 2017. Translate work into English, French or Arabic if the original entry was produced in another language;
- In case of teamwork, the team must delegate one member to represent it for the award.
Applicants should electronically fill the online application form and attach submit CV and Identity Documents or you can print out the form and send it by courier to the following address:
Anna Lindh Foundation
P.O. Box 732,
El Mansheya Alexandria
For more information, visit Anna Lindh Mediterranean Journalist Awards.