ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program in 2017 (AYIEP)
The 2nd ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program in 2017 (AYIEP) will be held in Yogyakarta, July 23rd – 29th 2017, organized by ASEAN Studies Center Universitas Gadjah Mada (ASC)As the ASEAN’s research studies in faculty level, ASC will support the faculty and university concern in galvanizing partnerships and contribute to the international community, as well as supporting the ongoing regional integration on ASEAN Community. Therefore, ASC initiates Summer Program, the 2nd ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program in 2017 (AYIEP) as one of its alternatives to reach its goals.
AYIEP is a summer program consists of a set of activities to provide deep understanding and support initiatives of student and youth around ASEAN countries, related to the empowering ASEAN young future leaders and introducing current issues in ASEAN. The program includes Public Lecture, Digital Visitation, Working Group as well as Excursion.
Addressing the problems and issues in ASEAN framework from distinguished speakers.
Learn and discuss more the ideas, programs, and management directly from various organisation and communities.
Participants will be divided into small groups according to their preferred themes to synthesise the ideas throughout the whole activities
Enjoy the gigantic landmark of Indonesia, which is Borobudur, making batik, and culinary tour in this lovely and warm city
- Between the ages of 17 and 25 at the time of application.
- A citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam; Youth outside ASEAN countries are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- The applicant is having an interest in related issues on the program: digital diplomacy, digital activism, and digital citizenship issues.
- The applicant is willing to work in a team during the program.
- The applicant is having the willingness to share the knowledge in their home country as a post-program output.
How to Apply
Submit documents through AYIEP’s website (www.ayiep.org) no later than 31 May 2017.
- Curriculum vitae
- Soft file passport photo
- A scan of student ID card/ nationality ID card
- A scan of passport
- Motivation letter (350-500 words) Essays related to one of our main topics: Digital diplomacy, Digital Activism and Digital Citizenship (800-1000 Words)
Deadline: 20th June 2017