Deadline: October 3, 2017
The Australia Council of the Arts is calling for applications for the Career Development Grants for Individuals 2017. If you are an individual artist, arts worker or group of artists, a Career Development Grant can provide support to further develop your skills or improve your capacity to build an enduring career in the arts. The Australia Council grants model supports a diverse range of artists, artistic practice, organisations and arts activity. It is easier and simpler to apply for grants. Supported activities must last no longer than two years from the proposed start date.
You can apply for a range of activities. Some examples of the activities they fund are:
- Professional skills development;
- Showcase opportunities;
- Forum/workshop attendance;
- Arts market attendance and exploration.
- Grants are available from $5,000 to $25,000.
- Only individuals and groups may apply;
- You must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident;
- Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals or groups.
- Application for Career Development Grants for Individuals must be completed online
- The types of questions they ask in the application form include:
- A title for your project
- A summary of your project (approx. 100 words)
- A brief bio of the artist or group applying (approx. 250 words)
- An outline of your project and what you want to do (approx. 500 words)
- A timetable or itinerary for your project
- An outline of how this project will impact your career (approx. 250 words)
- A projected budget which details the expenses, income and in-kind support of the project
- Supporting material as relevant to your project, including an artistic example, bios of additional artists, and letters of support from participants or communities.
For more information, visit Career Development Grants.