Deadline: September 8, 2017
Resilient Africa Network (RAN) invites application for the 2017 Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) Challenge. In partnership with UN Women, they are implementing a project on equipping communities in Northern Uganda (Gulu and Kitgum Districts) and partners with skills directed towards the use of innovative approaches in Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG).
This EVAWG challenge seeks to identify innovative solutions towards ending violence against women and girls. These can be initiatives or approaches with proof of sustainability and scalability starting with Northern Uganda.
Do you have an innovative, demonstrable solution, or approach that has the potential to improve the legal and policy environment and social systems in families, communities where violence against women and girls is prevalent? Are you or your organization already implementing an intervention that addresses issues of violence against women girls and HIV? Do you have an idea that innovatively addresses either the vulnerability factors or builds on the adaptive strategies? If so, this is for you!
A total of up to 7 grants will be awarded under this call (Anticipated range per Award: 5,000,000/= to 16,850,000/=.).
The EVAWG Challenge seeks to support innovative solutions in one or more of the following priority areas
- Capacity building of duty bearers and stakeholders
- Reduce the social tolerance and acceptance of VAWG
- Translate in to action the legal and policy environment
- Empowering and Engaging media, sports institutions, the Private sector adolescents and youth in and out of school for EVAWG
- Economic empowerment of women and girls for EVAWG
The EVAWG call is open to the general public including Individuals, Teams, Organizations, students and local innovators.
- ALL disciplines and sectors are eligible to participate
- Applicants should clearly demonstrate their potential to help women and girls stand against violence.
- Proposed solutions can be in form of approaches, best practices or technologies and there should be a demonstrable proof of concept for the solution.
To proceed, complete the online application form.
Applicants may email any questions on the call or on any aspect of the application process to [email protected] or call +256 414 343 597.
For more information, visit EVAWG Challenge.