Call for proposals for the most groundbreaking practices and case studies on water and sanitation in the Americas to be presented at the World Water Forum 2018 in Brasilia.
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has launched a call for proposals for the 8th World Water Forum 2018. The proposals for the most groundbreaking practices and case studies on water and sanitation in the Americas will be presented at the World Water Forum 2018 in Brasilia.
The World Water Forum is the major water and sanitation event worldwide. It will take place between March 18th and 23rd of 2018, in Brasilia, cohosted by the World Water Council and the Government of Brazil.
The mission of the Forum is “to promote awareness, build political commitment and trigger action on critical water issues at all levels, to facilitate the efficient conservation, protection, development, planning, management and use of water in all its dimensions on an environmentally sustainable basis for the benefit of all life.
- The Thematic Process that consists of fundamental discussions and exchanges on how to progress on the world’s water challenges;
- The Regional Process that draws from experiences in every corner of the world;
- The Political Process that provides opportunities for discussion and commitments among and between political representatives, and;
- The Citizen’s Forum that offers various programs designed by civil society organizations
Initial selected proposals will be awarded a cash price of US$ 1000 and finalists will be invited to present at the Forum 2018.
- Applicant must operate in a country of the Americas (if the applicant is an institution).Applicant’ representative or individual must be a national of any of the IDB member countries.
- Applicant’ representative or individual must be a national of any of the IDB member countries.Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.Applications must present a case study in or more of the themes of the Call.
- Applications must present a case study in or more of the themes of the Call.Applications must be submitted in any of the four official languages of the IDB (Spanish, French, English or Portuguese).
- Applications must be submitted in any of the four official languages of the IDB (Spanish, French, English or Portuguese).
- An abstract of the case study must be submitted with this application. The abstract should address the following questions:
- What are the issue / topics that the case study is addressing?
- Can it relate to other countries? Sub regions? Regions?
- What are the tangible results of the case study?
Eligible Regions: IDB member countries.