The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) is an exchange and dialogue programme of ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen) funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. It offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their professional and intercultural competences as well as to gather international experience through a job-related stay in another cultural context. The funding programme CCP Refugees and Migration supports networks, further training and exchange between professionals of refugee work and in the field of migration. In 2017, the programme focuses on African countries along the main migration routes to the Mediterranean.
Participants from abroad will be integrated into a host organisation in Germany, while participants from Germany will conduct their job-related stay in one of the eligible countries. Besides the objectives of vocational qualification, they also gain an insight into the cultural, social and political structures in the host country, establish new personal and professional contacts and familiarise themselves with cultural characteristics of the host country. Thus, the programme fosters open dialogue and mutual learning for all involved. Additionally, the intercultural exchange boosts the formation of networks between organisations in Germany and participating countries in a sustainable manner.
- Participants from Germany conduct their work-related stay in one of the participating countries named above; participants from African countries exclusively in Germany. The scholarship holders meet for a one-week workshop in Berlin which offers the possibility of professional and personal exchange, further training and networking.
- ifa is responsible for the organisation and costs of the programme. The host organisation will not have any financial obligations.
- In addition to travel, accommodation and insurance expenses, each participant will receive a monthly scholarship of 800 Euro.
- Professionals, employees or long-term volunteers of an institution from Germany as well as Chad, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, and Uganda can apply in coordination with their home organisation.
- Organisations can encourage their employees to apply. They are also invited to host fellows from one of the participating countries. Organisations in Germany host participants from African countries, organisations in African countries host participants from Germany. The programme welcomes so-called tandem partnerships, i.e. institutions are sending an employee as well as hosting a scholarship holder from abroad.
- The programme strives for gender equality and diversity of the participants.
Applications for CCP Refugees and Migration are to be submitted online via application portal.
Please fill in the form and upload the following documents:
- Your CV with detailed information about your education, professional and voluntary experience, and further knowledge/skills.
- Motivation letter. Please use this template.
- Recommendation letter from your home organisation. Please use this template.
- Your photograph (optional)
Please make sure to prepare the documents for upload before you start the application process since the system does not allow to save an incomplete application and resume at a later point. Only complete applications will be considered. Please do not create more than one account. They recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as browser.
Suitable candidates will be selected by ifa in consultation with the German Federal Foreign Office. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview (in person/by phone/Skype). Results will be communicated by late-June 2017. There is no recourse to legal action.
Deadline: May 15, 2017.