CIDOC is pleased to announce that funding is available to support attendance at the CIDOC 2017 conference in Tbilisi, Georgia from 25th-30th September 2017. Grants are awarded as a contribution towards travel costs, accommodation (6 nights) and registration fees. Costs incurred in the home country, including but not limited to surface travel, accommodation, and visas, will not be covered by the grant.
Georgia is a sovereign state in the Caucasus region of Europe. Located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, it is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Azerbaijan. Georgia is a unitary, semi-presidential republic, with the government elected through a representative democracy. The country, known as the cradle of wine offers Caucasus mountain range, Black Sea coastline, curative climate and mineral waters, national parks and UNESCO Heritage Sites, rich culture, delicious cuisine and famous Georgian hospitality.
The applicant must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and give evidence of efforts to obtain funding.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be qualified professionals who are currently employed in a museum or a related institution;
- Applicants must be from a country listed as low or lower middle income, based on the latest World Development Indicators Database of the World Bank;
- Applicants must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and provide evidence of efforts to obtain such funding;
- Applicants are encouraged to become members of ICOM.
Country of provenance
Priority will be given to applicants from the following countries:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
Eligible Regions: Not specified.
Apply online through given website.
In addition to the completed form, you are required to send to the Bursary Committee of CIDOC 2017 the following attachments:
- CV (including list of publications)
- One recommendation letter from the head of the organisation /institution where the candidate is presently working.
You can send the attachments by e-mail to [email protected]/* */ subject field “CIDOC/Grant application”.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2017 (7 Days Remaining)