Deadline: June 30, 2017
DealHack is accepting applications for their 2017 Community Volunteer Scholarship. At Dealhack, they believe that volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, they have decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community. The winner of our annual award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition.
Eligible students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution;
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement;
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
- Applications will be read and evaluated by two employees of Dealhack;
- One winner will be chosen based on the perceived value of the applicant’s volunteer activity;
- References for each of the top three finalists will be contacted to verify their volunteer activities.
- Simply fill out the application form;
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement;
- Use your answers to fully describe your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
- The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017, at midnight PST.
- The winner of the contest will be notified via email and announced no later than 12 midnight PST on August 1, 2017;
- Payment of the scholarship will be remitted to the winner’s respective academic tuition services department in full no later than August 4, 2017.
For more information, visit Community Volunteer Scholarship.