The UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR, was established in 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly to provide protection and assistance to refugees worldwide.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in digital fundraising and marketing within the UN system as part of UNHCR’s Digital Engagement Section. It will provide ample opportunity to learn about the organization, the current refugee crisis, digital communications, marketing, and fundraising globally within an international humanitarian organization.
The Digital Engagement Section sits within the department of External Relations (DER) and serves departments within DER, PSP (Private Sector Partnerships) and the wider organization. This position will be responsible for assisting the Digital Marketing Team with online acquisition programs, donor care, and digital analytics.
- Intern will get the chance to support the Digital Marketing team in the development of different projects, Organizing international conferences, calls and meetings with internal as well as external stakeholders, taking minutes and preparing agendas.
- They’ll gain a deeper knowledge of the work of UNHCR, as well as of the frameworks governing the organization’s interventions, rules and regulation and to practice and develop analytical skills and other professional working skills, such as project and time management, prioritization, teamwork, presentation skills, etc.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Good administrative skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate or postgraduate background
- Applicants must be available to work full-time (40 hours) for 6 months
- Applicants must have the right to work and live in Denmark
- Experience or familiarity with digital fundraising, marketing, digital communications and/or social media Copywriting skills
- Experience with CRM, CMS, e-mail marketing tools and Google. Analytics would be an advantage
- Background or interest in refugee issues and/or international relations.
- Intern must be available for 6 months.
- The role is full time (40 hours per week) with working hours between 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV, including testimonials/degrees/certificates to [email protected]/* */ indicating “Digital Marketing Internship” in the subject of the email.
P11 forms are available on the official website.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2017 (2 Days Remaining)