Deadline: June 16, 2017
The Builders Business Challenge 2017 is a program geared towards promoting sustainable development goals by ensuring the need to design next generation tools and equipment for the agricultural & food industry. The intention is to bring together (on one platform) engineers, farmers, architects, growers, students, agronomists, fabricators, and all kinds of makers with the goal of building highly functional and environmentally friendly tools that can solve real food production problems and spur economic prosperity and drastically reduce unemployment and poverty.
The aims of the challenge are:
- To encourage the concept of making and building: By build highly functional and environmentally friendly agricultural and food production tools, to support small, medium and large scale producers.
- Project Management knowledge and experience: Learn how to move seamlessly and successfully from idea, design, development and distribution of high quality farm tools produced in Africa, sold in African markets and exported to the rest of the world.
- Develop practical business skills: Together we will seek intellectual property, market, distribute and sell our tools & equipment globally.
- Sustainable Development: Contribute to Africa’s environmental, economic and social development.
- The 3 winning groups from the ‘Builders Challenge’ will automatically qualify to pitch for investment at iEcoAfrica & MBC Africa ‘Growing Business Together (GBT)’ Sustainable Finance & Investment Conference for startups, SMEs & Entrepreneurs. Hosted by the Dutch Ambassador to Ghana;
- They stand a chance to win cash prize from organizers;
- Traveling Opportunities as a Brand Ambassador
- Applicants must be available for one month from September – October 2017 to go through the full residency program of building, training, testing, prototyping, and radical iterations to build solutions;
- The challenge is open to nationals of all countries worldwide within the ages of 18 to 35. Participants’ ages will be determined as of the date he/she applies;
- They must be willing to work on site or remotely, full time or part time (minimum 3 days) if selected as one of the winners for at least a year.
Participants should propose an innovative, business and action-oriented idea that address challenges within the agricultural sector. Solutions should be adapted to the realities of the 21st century. Individuals can apply by completing the entry form online or download the application form, complete and email it back to [email protected]
For more information, visit Builders Challenge 2017.