Deadline: October 20, 2017
Are you a student in need of financial aid? The University of Ghana’s Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2017/18 applications for the award of the Fondazione Edu scholarship scheme for Level 100 students from areas of need. Fondazione Edu is a family foundation specializing in higher education in Africa. It was founded in 2005, to realize the desire of the founders to promote young people’s access to higher education in developing countries namely Africa.
Its focus is on the disciplines of technical-scientific and agronomic. They offer African students the opportunity to access higher education in their country of origin. They not only support individual growth paths, but also the creation of professionalism that can, in the long run, contribute to sustainable socio-economic development. The activities of the Fondazione Edu are designed to foster capacity building in Africa and result in the provision of scholarships for university studies that cover the entire cost of training and the costs associated with it.
- The Scholarship will cover tuition and books.
- Room and board will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.00 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
In order to qualify to apply for and receive financial aid, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- The student should be able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Be enrolled as a 100 level regular student in a full-time programme of study.
- Be brilliant and must have made excellent academic progress as determined by the University.
- Obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits).
- Continuing science students with CGPA 3.75 and above are encouraged to apply (very limited slots).
- Download and Submit a completed FE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
- For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email [email protected]
For more information, please visit Fondazione Edu.