Applications are invited for Foreign Policy Interrupted’s Fellowship program for the 2017-2018 academic year. The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens.
The program is open to academics, entrepreneurs, journalists, students, and business professionals.
The main objective of the FPI is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- FPI’s Fellows Program is open to women 25 and older with a clear commitment and passion for foreign policy and international affairs.
- This is not a program for those “breaking into” foreign policy. While we welcome early-career fellows, this program is best-suited to mid-career and late-career foreign policy experts. The program is open to academics, entrepreneurs, journalists, students, and business professionals. The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens, fluent in English.
- Upon the start of the fellowship in June 2017, applicants must be available for six weeks, for an hour each week.
- A commitment to foreign policy is not an interest or hobby, but demonstrated engagement in foreign policy matters and/or a foreign policy matter. Demonstrated engagement is work in the field.
Applicants for an FPI Fellowship ideally have at least three years of full-time professional experience. For interruptors on an academic track, applicants must have completed their master’s degree.
- While we encourage applicants to have already authored pieces or appeared as commenters on radio or television, such experience is not required. Achievement and a demonstrated interest are, however.
- The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Application materials include:
- CV, citing presence on social media, if applicable (#2017)
- A video clip, no more than a minute, commenting on expertise. This video should be recorded specifically for the application. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine.
- In no more than 1000 words, tell us how an FPI fellowship fits into your career path
- Two published writing samples, if applicable
- List two people who can speak about your qualifications and provide their contact information
- Send materials to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 15, 2017 (3 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries