Fully Funded Future Innovators Summit in Austria
Future Innovators Summit in Austria is now accepting applications for the summit from 7th to 10th September in Linz, Austria. Following its successful premiere at Ars Electronica Festival 2014, and subsequent inspirational editions in 2015 and 2016, the Future Innovators Summit (FIS) has established itself as a dynamic think-tank and key program within Ars Electronica Festival. Now in its fourth year, Future Innovators from different cultures and backgrounds and from different fields such as artists, designers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, social activists and philosophers will gather in September in Linz to explore new ways of collective brainstorming and creative prototyping on the crucial questions of the future.
Supported by experienced partners such as Hakuhodo (JP) and Internet Foundation Austria as well as outstanding experts from all over the world, the Future Innovators of the Future Innovators Summit 2017 will be challenged to look for the ultimate Creative Question which will lead us to think about Missions for Tomorrow– concepts which are inevitably linked to the main topic of the festival “Artificial Intelligence – The Other I”.
Themes of FIS 2017
The Future Innovators of the Future Innovators Summit 2017 will be set the challenge of looking for the ultimate Creative Question for each theme, which will lead us to think of Missions for Tomorrow.
- Future Humanity
- Future Work
- Future Home
All selected applicants will be invited to Ars Electronica Festival, September 7-11, 2017 and will receive the following benefits:
- Travel & accommodation
- Full festival pass including Ars Electronica Gala ticket
- Participation in networking dinner and events
How to Apply
To apply for the Future Innovators Summit, we ask you to prepare the following materials:
- Short biography (max. 200-300 words) including photo in high resolution (min. 1 MB) and contact information
- Video (max. 3 min) in which you present your response to the questions and your motivation for taking part in the Future Innovators Summit at Ars Electronica Festival 2017- and eventually mention which of the three main topics you are interested in.
- Materials that reflect your ideas and respond to the questions (artwork and project, prototype, research, system, activity, strategy etc.)
The materials must be submitted to the Ars Electronica Online Submission Platform by the application deadline.
Deadline: 17th July 2017