Fully Funded Goethe University Scholarships in Germany for 2017/18
Goethe University offers scholarships for this Master programme. Eligible for application are candidates from all over the world who have obtained a degree from a university outside Germany. Goethe University ranks among the top ten in external funding and among the top three largest universities in Germany, with three clusters of excellence in medicine, life sciences and the humanities. They are seeking outstanding candidates who are interested in joining one of our MA or MSc programmes, which are deeply embedded in our strongest research units (Centers of Excellence, collaborative research centers, and LOEWE CENTERS). Please visit our website for more information on the various Master’s degree programmes (content, requirements, language of instruction etc.) supported by Goethe Goes Global.
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
Please note each of the Masters program has different basic requirements and thus you are requested to study the program you are applying for. However, the basic requirements are:
You are well versed in your academic discipline and particularly interested in research?
You hold or are on track for an excellent or above-average Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany?
- You are looking for an interesting Master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities?
- You are highly motivated to conduct research in a particular research unit based at Goethe University?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master’s programme?
Goethe University will provide the scholarship holder with:
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University