Fully Funded International Scholarships at University of Macerata in Italy
The University of Macerata is looking for 7 excellent candidates (6 fully funded opportunities and 1 unfunded opportunity) for its PhD Scholarship Programme for 2017/2020 academic year. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Macerata is a quiet and lively town in the Center of Italy; half an hour from the sea and one hour from the Appennini mountains and the Gran Sasso. Landscape in the surroundings is just amazing. Rome is reachable by train or by car. The University of Macerata offers housing facilities and support for international and national students. Being a University town, the cultural life of Macerata offers a rich range of events from classical music, to Jazz, to theater.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide full funding to international students to study in Italy.The University of Macerata was founded in 1290 and it is one of the oldest universities in Europe. Its main activities are focused on the humanities and social sciences.
The PhD professors offer supervision on a wide range of topics, with particular strengths in:
- graph theory and network analysis
- sparse graphical models
- input-output analysis
- computable general equilibrium models
- computational methods for macro and micro economics
- agent-based economic modelling
- dynamic systems in economics and finance
- mixture regression models and hidden Markov models
- statistical methods for policy evaluation and causal inference in observational studies
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Eligible candidates to PhD courses are graduates, regardless of gender, age, religion or nationality, holding either an undergraduate degree in compliance with laws existing prior to Ministerial Decree No. 509/99 or a postgraduate degree or alternatively an equivalent qualification issued by a university institution abroad.
- Applicants holding academic qualifications obtained abroad (both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees) are to upload such documents together with a list of exams they have passed, along with relevant translations into Italian. Such candidates are provisionally admitted to courses and shall be excluded from this public selection of their qualification does not fulfil formal entry requirements of research programs.
- Students who expect to be granted their degree award by 31.10.2017 may submit their application for PhD programs. In such cases, admission and enrollment are conditional to their statement holding true.
Deadline: 22nd August 2017