Fully Funded Vacancy Position for Associate at Blackstone in Hong Kong
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $360 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
Blackstone has been a global leader in private equity since 1985, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management. We uncover value by identifying great companies and enhancing their performance by providing strategic capital and outstanding management talent. We aim to grow stronger enterprises, create jobs, and enable our portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors, their employees and all stakeholders.
Associate salaries at The Blackstone Group may range from $92,000-$228,268 per year.
- Analyze financial data and developments in financial markets important to the business at Blackstone, with a key focus on Asia and especially Korea markets.
- Act as point person for Korea transactions in addition to regional Asia transactions: work with senior management and coordinate analyst responsibilities.
- Conduct research of targeted industries for investment purposes with a primary focus on Korea.
- Perform valuation analyses of prospective investment opportunities under consideration, including the assessment of financial risks.
- Compare a company’s financial data with other companies of the same industry, size and location to forecast industry trends.
- Design and develop quantitative models to assess the economic performance of targeted companies in Korea and Asia markets.
- Prepare written analyses and evaluations of investment opportunities for use by Blackstone management and review by clients.
- Oversee the execution of transactions.
- Participate in both internal and external client meetings, negotiation of contracts and other agreements, and due diligence sessions.
- Oversee current portfolio companies and analyze potential exit opportunities.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- Fluent/ Native English and Korean, with both writing and reading abilities
- Extensive exposure to Private Equity/ M&A transactions/ Origination Experience: Korea market experience preferred
- Experience with analysis and execution of all deal types within PE arena
- Demonstrated track record within PE
- Able to mentor Analysts
- Ability to liaise with clients at all levels and managing existing relationships
- Team players who are comfortable working in a smaller office environment
- Flexible, ability to work independently and takes initiative
- High level of professionalism and integrity
To be considered for the 2018 Associate Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Post MBA or anticipated graduation date: Spring / Summer 2018
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year
- Resume must be in PDF format