This exchange program is chiefly for undergraduate students interested in English language teaching to be a part of Walailak University Language Institute (WULI). We aim to provide teaching experience for future EFL teachers. We offer this paid internship opportunity to not only those pursuing a degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Educations and other fields related to English teaching but also students in other fields who have strong interest and experience in teaching English and/or organizing English learning opportunities.
Support from Walailak University
- Free on-campus accommodation throughout the program (worth 6,000 THB / Month)
- Monthly allowance (9,000 THB/ Month)
- Medical care as entitled to the university’s temporary employees
- Certificate of program completion
- Free sightseeing trips around the South of Thailand (Phuket, Krabi and Samui)
- Undergraduate students in their 3rd – 4th year, doing a degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Educations and other fields related to English teaching
- Native English speakers
- Non-native English speakers who have a VALID and OFFICIAL TOEFL IBT® ITP score of at least 100 and 600 respectively or IELTs of at least 7.0 or equivalent score of other standardized test of English language proficiency taken within two years from the date of the application deadline.
Eligible Regions: Open for all based on eligibility.
Please visit website and look for Global Academic Exchange Program (GAEP) 2017 to find further information and complete an online application form. Please note that you will need to upload the following documents upon filling in the application;
- A copy of most updated resume
- One passport-sized photo
- A copy of valid and official score report of English proficiency tests
- Most recent transcripts (both in original language and English versions
- One certified copy a passport’s front page
- One page essay explaining why you would like to take part in this program
- A short teaching/ extra-curricular activity plan while at WU
- one recommendation letter
Note: All English translated documents must be submitted together with their original language versions.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2017 (57 Days Remaining)