Deadline: August 27, 2017
Vital Voices and Bank of America are now accepting applications for the Global Ambassadors Program (GAP). The program connects extraordinary women leaders to a unique mentorship opportunity, including one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
As part of the program, they bring together between eight to twelve women leaders (mentees) from around the world to work with a cohort of Global Ambassadors, established women executives from a range of sectors and organizations, on the challenges facing mentees and their organizations. The program provides a unique opportunity for women leaders in business, social enterprise and non-profits to invest in themselves and their leadership journey.
The Global Ambassadors Program being held in Los Angeles, California (November 6-10, 2017) will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders engaged in the private sector, social enterprise and non-profits from the Los Angeles, California area in the United States, as well from countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, and will underscore the critical function that women can and must play in moving local economies forward and highlight the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth.
During this time, mentees:
- Participate in a number of 1-on-1 mentoring sessions with their matched mentors
- May co-present with their mentor a short overview of the mentee’s organization to the entire group of mentors and mentees, inviting input, feedback and discussion from the group
- May participate in a site visit
- May be invited to participate in an on-camera interview with their mentor, sharing their experiences, key takeaways, and thoughts on leadership and mentoring. The footage is used to share the stories of impact associated with the Global Ambassadors Program GAP Los Angeles Program Overview & Mentee Selection Criteria Page 4 of 4
- May be invited to participate as a panelist during a Public Forum, addressing an audience of up to 450 people, discussing women’s economic empowerment in the country or across the world
- May be invited to give media interviews with local, regional and national press
All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program are covered in full by the Global Ambassadors Program.
- Mentees will be women who are leaders of non-profit organizations and institutions; businesswomen, entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs, selected from the Los Angeles area and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- All Global Ambassadors Program sessions will be conducted in English and mentees must be able to converse and present in English.
- Mentees will be selected from:
- United States – the Los Angeles, California area
- Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, including : Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela and the Virgin Islands.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of Vital Voices’ Leadership Model. Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission, mentees are deeply engaged in their communities and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls and supporting women’s economic empowerment in their region.
- Demonstrate high-potential for top leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within and outside their companies.
- Mentees may be participating in businesswomen’s associations, advocating for vulnerable populations, or contributing to thought leadership on women’s empowerment through published articles or talks.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPACITY
- Applicants must have the capacity to take advantage of a senior executive as a mentor (i.e. must be able to develop and implement strategic plans, marketing strategy or business plans).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have worked in her existing organization / enterprise for at least 5-7 years.
- The applicant’s enterprise / organization should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual revenue of US$ 10 million
- Applicants must be the lead decision-maker within their company/organization. i.e. they should be the CEO / President / Managing Director / Owner / Founder etc.
- Applicants are interested in shaping the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
- MENTORING RELATIONSHIP
- Those selected as mentees are keen to develop an open and on-going relationship with a mentor that is mutually constructive. They are open to receiving positive and constructive feedback and guidance from their mentor as well as from the overall group of mentors and mentees.
- Mentees must be able to articulate short term and long term goals and take concrete steps, with guidance from a mentor, to meet them.
Read more about the LA program and detailed eligibility requirements here.
Complete the online application here.
Please note that accepted participants must commit to full participation in the entire program and are expected to be prepared and engaged with staff and participants before, during and after the program.
For more information, visit Global Ambassadors Program.