Google Local Guides Summit 2017
Program Date:10th October 2017
Venue: San Francisco Bay Area, California
Google Local Guides, all over the world, help millions of people navigate the world on Google Maps. To celebrate the superstars in our global community, Google Local Guides Summit 2017 is bringing together a select group of Local Guides Level 5 for two inspiring days at Google Headquarters.On September 2016, inaugural Local Guides Summit was hosted. 75 most active and passionate Local Guides Level 5 contributors were invited from around the world for an inspiring two days of talks, workshops, and local explorations.Due to the success of the Local Guides Summit 2016, the number of selected applicants for this year’s Summit is increased to 150.
Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5 during the application period.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:
- Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
- Each Local Guide must submit a post on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into his or her experience with the program
- Google Local Guides Summit also be looking for:
- High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a supported community moderator, Connect moderator, meet-up host and active Connect contributor
- The ability to understand and speak English
- While participating in the Local Guides program requires a minimum age of 18 years, all Summit attendees must be at least 21 years old prior to the Summit. That is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events.
Travel (flights & visas) and hotels will be arranged and paid for by Google. Meals will be covered by Google for the duration of the Summit. If selected, guests will be able to extend the trip at their own expense.
Deadline: 24th April 2017