Amnesty International (commonly known as Amnesty or AI) is a non-governmental organization focused on human rights. The organization claims to have over 7 million members and supporters around the world. They run volunteer programmes in their London, Edinburgh and Belfast offices. Volunteers are involved in a lot of different roles in campaigning, marketing, media and general support. Amnesty International UK (AIUK)’s Individuals at Risk Programme oversees the organisation’s work with and for individuals at risk. The programme directs campaigning on behalf of particular individuals at risk and aims to support the wider casework needs of the organisation through enabling other parts of the organisation to work on or with cases, identifying tactical opportunities, developing and leading on project work and maintaining the organisation’s portfolio on casework.
If you are dynamic and enthusiastic and have time to give, come and join this voluntary program to make a difference.
- Travel expenses will be provided.
- You will experience working for a major campaigning organization and help Amnesty to make a difference.
- Gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills.
- Take on a challenge.
- Experience of databases and data entry
- Handling telephone and written inquiries from customers/supporters
- Experience of drafting correspondence such as letters and newsletters for external audiences.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Working in a team to achieve shared objectives
- Experience of producing written materials for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Experience of data entry – ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate and efficient work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to draft own correspondence
- Administration/clerical skills
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential matter
- Interest in and commitment to Amnesty International’s vision and mission.
Eligible Regions: Open for All