Deadline: July 1, 2017
The Max-Delbruck-Centrum (MDC) International PhD Program provides a framework of structured training for doctoral researchers in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology and Immunology, Neuroscience, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, as well as Structural Biology, Imaging and Biophysics. It currently hostsover 380 PhD researchers, 40% of which are coming from abroad.
PhD researchers are offered support on their PhD project through yearly committee meetings, in addition to a wide range of lectures and seminars, methods courses, transferable skills courses and career workshops suited to equip researchers for an international career in science. By joining the MDC International PhD Program, you have the option to enroll in one of their specialized research schools or exchange programs. The MDC is situated in Campus Berlin-Buch, a modern science and biotechnology park with a clear focus on biomedicine.
- PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the MDC. In many cases contracts are extended for an additional year. All PhD researchers are expected to complete their doctoral research and thesis in 4 years. Salaries are competitive to national standards and there are no tuition fees.
- Open to doctoral researchers in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology and Immunology, Neuroscience, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, as well as Structural Biology, Imaging and Biophysics.
Please register at the, there you will find detailed information about the application process, interview week, projects and details on the PhD program at the MDC. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via email that allows you to log in the portal.
- Login at the application portal
- Complete the sections education, training, motivation letter etc. All mandatory fields are marked.
- Upload all required documents.
- Add the names and addresses of 2 referees. As soon as you have entered contact details your referees will automatically receive a request for letter of recommendation. Please make sure that references arrive on time! You cannot change your referee once you have saved the contact. If there is a problem contact MDC in time. References arriving after the deadline will not be processed and applications will be considered incomplete.
- Don’t forget to submit your application once you have completed your sections. You don’t have to wait for your reference letters to arrive for you to submit. After submission you won’t be able to edit the sections, but you can check the status of your letters of recommendation. They will inform you within 5 weeks of the application deadline whether you are invited for interviews to Berlin.
Important: Successful candidates must start their PhD project at the latest six months after the interviews.
Fall 2017 Recruitment Round
- Online registration will open May 15, 2017
- Application deadline – July 01, 2017
- Invitation letters August 2017
- Interview week in Berlin – September 2017
For more information, visit International MDC PhD Program in Berlin.