The Office of the Secretary General (OSG) is responsible for direct support to the Secretary General (SG) of ICAO in carrying out his/her duties and responsibilities as the Chief Executive Officer of the Organization and as the Secretary of the ICAO Council. Strategic planning, coordination and resource mobilization are key aspects of ICAO’s mission to establish and promote its brand locally and globally, raising awareness of the Organization’s work in various fora and ensuring transparent information sharing with the public.
Under general guidance of Deputy Director, Monitoring and Oversight Air Navigation Bureau and reporting directly to a member of the strategic planning, coordination and resource mobilization unit, the intern will support the work programme related to resource mobilization, including the organization and participation of ICAO in related events. In this context, s/he may work with different Bureaus in ICAO in collaborative initiatives.
The intern will work closely with staff in the unit to:
- Conduct research of websites on UN bodies, financial institutions, financing mechanisms, other international organizations, aviation partners and other relevant bodies to monitor resource mobilization and partnership trends and development.
- Conduct research of websites on donors and recipients to develop profiles, identify funding priorities and monitor the delivery of aid.
- Assist in the development of event programmes, the identification of potential speakers by conducting market research, and provide administrative support to organize events, in close coordination with the Revenue and Product Management Section and the Conference, Security and General Services Section of the Bureau of Administration and Services.
- Contribute to the development of tools to foster exchange of information on resource mobilization, in close coordination with relevant sections in the Organization.
- Assist in promoting the ICAO voluntary fund and identifying potential donors.
- Assist in preparing documentation required for the grant application to conduct specific projects related to air transport.
- Perform other related duties.
Benefit and Cost:
Interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by the intern. The duration of the internship is between two to six months. The intern is expected to work five days a week, on a full-time basis.
- Educational background: At the time of application, candidates are required to have completed or be enrolled in a graduate degree programme (second-level university degree or higher) in a field of study related to economics, law, commerce, and/or public or business administration. Applicants pursuing studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages should have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
- Language skills: Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. Desirable requirements: A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Interested candidates must complete an on-line application form, and attach a recommendation letter from the educational institution. To apply, please visit ICAO’s e-Recruitment website at: https://careers.icao.int.
Deadline: May 3, 2017