Date: May 9, 2017
Location: Pisa, PI, IT
Ericsson is a world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today, more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks in over 180 countries, and we support customers’ networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Using innovation to empower people, business and community, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Ericsson Research is the central research organization within Ericsson. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology and methodology and to secure long term competitive product positioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes.
We are looking for five Young Researchers for Ericsson Research branch located in Pisa, Italy, to build and transfer technology competence to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- Contributing to Ericsson technology strategy
- Developing novel concepts, solutions and algorithms
- Contributing to our intellectual property portfolio
- Introducing the solutions into product development
- Presenting concepts, prototypes and publications
- Perform, document and communicate research studies, measurements or computer simulations.
- Define and develop prototypes, demonstrators and test beds to be shown at worldwide technology events
- Create new technical solutions and protect them with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Represent Ericsson in external fora such as standardization, university collaborations, technical conferences and customer meetings
- Education: MSc or equivalent in Telecommunication, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or closely related field. PhD is a preferred title.
- Knowledge of mobile networks, photonics and radio technologies
- Mastering English language
- Open mind and enthusiasm
- Want to be in the lab
- Team working attitude
- Availability to travel
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Italy (IT) || || Pisa || R&D
Req ID: 194633
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Temporary, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Contract