Deadline: October 10, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the King Hamad Youth Empowerment Award 2017. The Youth Empowerment Award comes as an initiative from the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain, as the first award of its kind that will be open to all Member States. This initiative aims to empower young people and give them the attention, encouragement and motivation needed. It will encourage all eligible participants to improve the enabling environment and infrastructure for youth to allow them to be effective and productive citizens contributing to their communities.
This initiative enhances the role of the Kingdom of Bahrain in youth development and its commitment to sustainability, through the involvement of all segments of society in it, particularly young people, as they own the abilities and energies that will achieve this. The initiative also aims to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals that aim to provide the best for young people’s future and through this award; all nominees will have achieved SDG targets.
- Goverment Sector: The awardee will receive a certificate of recognition and a trophy;
- Non-profit and International Organizations: The awardee will receive a $25,000 grant, a certificate of recognition and a trophy;
- Private Sector: The awardee will receive a certificate of recognition and a trophy;
- Individual: The awardee will receive a $25,000 grant, a certificate of recognition and a trophy.
- The four winners of the King Hamad Youth Award will be invited to attend the 2018 ECOSOC Youth Forum, where the awards presentation will take place.
Organisations in the categories above should demonstrate strong performance against the following criteria:
- Inclusion of youth in leadership and decision-making;
- Proven contributions to youth empowerment and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Quality of programs and services provided to youth;
- Diversity of programs and services provided to youth;
- Use of innovation and creativity to reach youth;
- Strength of evidence for program impact;
- Number of youth reached annually;
- Reputation and recognition in the field of youth empowerment.
See specific eligibility for each category here
The four award winners will be informed of their selection by November 30, 2017