Deadline: August 12, 2017
LEAP Africa, in partnership with African Artists’ Foundation, is calling upon young people to submit a creative and inspiring picture or a video that promotes peace by posting it on their Instagram page in the areas of:
- Spoken word or Poetry.
- Art works (photography, artistic drawing, painting or graphic design).
LEAP Africa is proud to be part of a global recognition and promotion of the United Nations’ (UN) International Youth Day which is celebrated each year to recognize the efforts of the world’s youth in enhancing the global society. The theme of this year’s International Youth Day – which takes place on August 12, 2017 – is “Youth Building Peace” and it is dedicated to celebrating young people’s contributions to conflict prevention and transformation as well as inclusion, social justice, and sustainable peace.
- Winner will get an internship or mentorship opportunity at the African Artist’s Foundation;
- The prizes will include a position as LEAP Africa’s Youth Ambassador for a year and many more.
- Open to young people between 15 – 30 years.
- Contestants must follow LEAP Africa on their social media pages and post their submissions using the hashtags #LEAPIYD2017 and #Youth4Peace. It is also important to tag @LEAPAfrica on your post submission;
- Winners will be selected and unveiled a week after the competition.
For more information, visit LEAP Africa International Youth Day 2017 Peace Challenge.