The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites applications for the 2018 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students. Foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, are welcome to participate in the Scholarship Program.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
- Registration fees and tuition
- Health Insurance
- Transportation from Mexico city to the Host Institution
- Monthly Stipend
- Bachelors, Master’s or PhD Degrees as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested
- The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence. Minimum grade point average of 80 on a scale of 0-100, or the equivalent for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted, or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in the Call.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study
- The intended field of study or specialization in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history
- The area of study is important to, and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country
- The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
- Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
- The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years
PLEASE NOTE: You are advised to visit the official website and read the detailed application process and other relevant information.
Application Deadline: September 28, 2017 (48 Days Remaining)