Deadline: September 15, 2017
Are you a journalist specialising in cultural and religious diversity in the Middle East? If so, SKEyes and CFI Media Cooperation are launching a call for applications for the Naseej competition. The competition will award the best article or report on an issue surrounding cultural and religious diversity in the Middle East. The CFI Media Cooperation is the agency of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Europe. It is tasked with coordinating and implementing France’s aid and policy for the development of media in the south. CFI provides assiatance to professionals and civil social stakeholders to promote democratic, pluralist news services in their countries.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of €4,000. If the winning entry comes from an individual, the prize will be awarded to the author. If the winning entry comes from a media outlet or an organisation, the prize will be awarded to that media outlet/organisation.
- The competition is open to entrants of all ages from the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen;
- Entrants must submit an article, report or opinion piece on an issue relating to cultural and religious diversity (such as the rights of ethnic and religious minorities and freedom of expression, inter-community coexistence, pluralism, etc.). The articles and reports must focus specifically on one of the following three countries: Iraq, Libya and Syria.
- Create an applicant account and log in
- Access the current cal description page
- Gather all the information and documents to be submitted
- Access and fill the application form
- Make the neccessary modifications to the applicatio till the closing of the call
The deadline for application is September 15, 2017 – 13:00 UT
For more information, visit Naseej Prize.