National University of Singapore Graduate School Scholarship
National University of Singapore Graduate School Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) is the home of cross-disciplinary PhD research and education at the forefront of science, engineering, computing and related aspects of medicine at NUS.
NGS offers generous direct-PhD Scholarships to outstanding students of all nationalities who have strong research potential. NGS embraces students trained in a wide variety of relevant subject areas who have the talent to see that true innovation knows no artificial boundaries. Our research-intensive programme enables students to achieve research excellence and compete with the world’s best.
All NGS scholars have access to ample resources, a world-class infrastructure, and receive supervision from distinguished academics. Students may, with the agreement of their supervisors, conduct up to two years of their PhD research at one of our partner institutions in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Japan or China.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all applicants, except NUS and NTU Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates. Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose is not in English native or undergraduate instruction
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include computer allowance, book allowance, conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Deadline: 15th May 2017