Deadline: April 17, 2017
The Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), in collaboration with Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, wishes to admit qualified young Nigerians of sound character and learning potential to undertake an intensive Eighteen Months Training Programme on Technical Skills Development in the following areas: Basic Bottling Process, Industrial Mechatronics, Automation and Process Control Engineering, Machine Shop Operation, General Fittings and Welding, Utility Maintenance and Operations. It is a non-residential training at the Technical Training Centre located in Ikeja, Lagos. Trainees will be exposed to classroom, hands-on sessions and on-the-job training experience in any of Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Plants in Abuja, Asejire, Benin, Challawa, Enugu, Ikeja, Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Owerri and Port Harcourt.
The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria. The company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
The objectives of this program are
- To train and equip youths with employable skills in the vocational areas listed above;
- To promote a Public-Private Sector Model in Technical and Vocational skills training;
- To contribute to the capacity development of the country.
- Successful candidates will enjoy free tuition, lunch and a monthly stipend (not salary) for the entire duration of the program;
- On successful completion of the training program, trainees will receive internal certificates of participation;
- They will also be prepared for the City and Guilds (London) external examination and they may be offered permanent employment as Technicians or Technical Operators with the company.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications among others:
- BSc Second Class Lower and Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from recognized and accredited institutions;
- Industrial experience will be an added advantage.
Interested in this training program? Begin your application here!
- Only applications made on the website will be accepted;
- Candidates who meet the stated criteria will be contacted via email or by phone;
- Applicants shall sit for a Computer Based Test and successful candidates will be invited for an oral interview & medical examination;
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit NBC Technical Skills Development Training Programme.