Deadline: July 16, 2017
The World Health Summit invites application for the Next Generation of Science Journalists Award 2017. The award aims to support the recognition of emerging young medical science journalists and their contribution towards public understanding of science. Five outstanding young candidates will be invited to participate in the World Health Summit (October 15-17, 2017), meet the world’s leading minds in the healthcare sector and increase their professional network. More than 1,600 participants from all health-related areas will be present at the Summit – from Nobel Prize laureates and Ministers to CEOs, internationally leading researchers and future leaders.
- Get a unique international networking and learning opportunity, for a genuine career head-start;
- Prize money of 500 Euro to recompense travel expenses;
- Recognition on the WHS website, plugs in social media, a mention in the newsletter;
- Support on interview requests and investigations concerning our topics and speakers;
- A certificate, presented by the World Health Summit Presidents.
- Applicants should be at the beginning of their journalistic career with a maximum of 5 years of experience;
- Submission of one article with a focus on the general topic of “Health”, which must have been published after January 1, 2016. The article must be informed by an appropriate scientific background;
- The article may be published in any form: print, digital, audible or visual. Audio and video content should be submitted via a corresponding web-link;
- Submissions will be accepted from all countries; however the content should be in English. Translations will be accepted if the original article is attached.
- Write an article with a focus on the general topic of “Health”. Submit the article along with a short CV (one page), and a copy of a current passport to [email protected]
All applications send in before Sunday, July 16, 2017, will be considered by an expert panel representing the institutions granting the award. Winning candidates will be informed by mid August. Please note that winners will be responsible for organizing their own transport and accommodation.
For more information, visit Next Generation of Science Journalists Award.