Deadline: April 23, 2017
The NRC is excited to announce a new initiative to bring up to ten postdoctoral fellows (PDFs) to work alongside their internationally recognized research leaders. The program will offer these fellows access to unique world-class facilities and the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects of critical importance to Canada. Postdoctoral Fellows will carry out research on innovative research projects, with opportunities for career development (publications and/or industry interaction).
- Fellows will be offered appointments to the staff of the National Research Council on a term basis and will be offered salaries and benefits currently available to Research Officers. Salaries commensurate with experience are taxable and subject to other deductions;
- As a guide, the current annual PhD recruiting rate is $64,437. In addition PDFs will be allocated a travel fund to support their work.
- Fellowships will be for two years contingent on satisfactory progress achieved during the first year;
- Candidates should have obtained a PhD (or equivalent) within the past three years (PhD received on or after July 1, 2014) or expect to complete their PhD by September, 2017;
- Fellows will work in a lab under the direct supervision of an NRC researcher.
Applications will be reviewed by the NRC PDF Steering Committee. The committee will consult with project sponsors to select candidates based on their academic excellence, qualification for the project, and their fit with their project supervisor.
- Proceed to apply here if you meet the eligibility requirements
- A candidate will be required to submit their CV, three publications, a statement of interest for each project to which they wish to apply, and send the names of three references with contact information.
- Applications are due by April 23, 2017
- Awards announced by May 12, 2017
- Successful fellows may commence their award anytime from July 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
For more information, visit NRC Canada Postdoctoral Fellowships.