Deadline: December 1, 2017
The call for application is ongoing for the African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2018 at NYU Wanger. The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries. Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
NYU’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service prepares public service leaders to translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact on the public good. Their faculty’s research changes the way people frame, understand, and act on important public issues. They provide students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer, and a deep understanding of context surrounding public service challenges—which they use to improve cities and communities across the globe.
The Fellowship provides recipients with the following:
- Full tuition
- Fees, housing or a housing stipend (if enrolling in the Global EMPA program)
- Travel to and from the United States, and
- A small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- Open to citizens and residents in an African country at the time of application.
- They should have a strong academic record;
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2018. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in mid-to-late February 2018.
For more information, visit African Women’s Public Service Fellowship.