Good news: This is to inform the general public about University of Tokyo, Japan International Students Scholarship. The University of Tokyo provides international students with scholarships that cover school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts. This year, scholarships will be provided to students willing to undertake courses at the Graduate School of Science for 2017/2018 academic session.
1st April – 1st May, 2017 For those entering in September
The application must arrive no later than the last day of each application period without fail.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
Eligible Field of Study: Courses in the Graduate School of Science
Value of Scholarship: 150,000 yen monthly stipend. The stipend will be paid into the Student bank account quarterly after getting the confirmation of enrollment.
Duration of Scholarship: From April/September, 2017 to March/August, 2022
About the Award: The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.
Eligibility: Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s Program at the Graduate School of Science and who newly come to Japan as a student will qualify and enter the program in either April or September 2017. Priority goes to UTRIP (University of Tokyo Research Internship Program) participants. Recipients of other scholarships starting from April or September 2017 are not eligible. There is a possibility that an applicant might be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.
- Among the applicants who submitted Application documents, the Selection Committee will select and nominate candidate(s) to the Dean.
- The recipient will be decided by the Dean based on the nomination from the Selection Committee.
- The notification will be sent to the applicant by e-mail in one month after the acceptance letter for the Master’s Program is sent out.
Number of Awardees: A few (Enrolling in April or September)
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the application documents (see below) to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Master’s Program.
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students 2017 Application Form: 1 original copy (see link below)
- One letter of recommendation for the Graduate School of Science Scholarship application from a faculty member of your college or university
Now that all the information about University of Tokyo, International Students Scholarship has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In Japan for Undergraduate, Bachelors, Postgraduate, Masters, PhD, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.
Award Provider: University of Tokyo