Deadline: Vary by Country
Applications are open for the Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2017. The program is created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and other multiple partners globally. The purpose is to support impact startups and showcase the exciting business opportunities in emerging markets, which are also vital for implementing the Agenda 2030 and solving complex challenges.
In addition, the program focuses on strengthening the networks between the impact actors, engaging the Nordic community with the global impact entrepreneurs, and enhancing the mobilization of capital towards impactful business. GIA 2017 brings impact-driven entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing, and build long-lasting networks.
GIA will receive:
- Online pre-mentoring program organized for all the selected participants;
- Helsinki boot camp program;
- Skills workshops and capacity building with leaders from all around the world;
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organized with the leading organizations;
- Access to Slush.
- Open to startups in Mozambique, South Africa, Kenya, Nepal, Brazil, Palestine, Ethiopia, Serbia, Lebanon, Vietnam, Caribbean, Sri Lana, India
Applications for local competitions are still on for the following countries:
- Mozambique: Apply by August 10, 2017 at IDEÁRIO
- South Africa: Apply by August 16, 2017 at mLab
- Kenya: Apply by August 17, 2017 at iHub
- Nepal: Apply by August 17, 2017 at YoungInnovations
- Brazil: Apply by August 18, 2017 at Hackademia
- Palestine: Apply by August 29, 2017 at Peeks
- Ethiopia: Apply by September 5, 2017 at IceAddis
- Serbia: Apply by September 6, 2017 at Innovation Fund
- Lebanon: Apply by September 6, 2017 at AltCity
- Vietnam: Apply by October 27, 2017 at HATCH Ventures & Vietnam IPP
- Caribbean, TBA
- Sri Lanka, TBA
- India, TBA
For more information, visit Slush Global Impact Accelerator.